- Your lunch should include a complex carb (like whole grain) or beans, a protein , a healthy fat and a veggie. But it should not contain too much sugar. If you have a sweet tooth try fresh fruit or a single piece of dark chocolate.
- Go ahead and let them eat pizza (again!) but make sure they grab veggies or load them on top of their slice.
- Keep your locker stocked with healthy snacks like nuts or a banana. If your not starving come lunch time you will be less likely to make unhealthy choices.
- School salad all blah? Try adding some grilled chicken, cherry tomatos or a Greek yogurt dressing
- Wrap or tie apple slice together in a stack to keep them from turning brown.
- Stay away from energy drinks- they help produce cortisol, a stress hormone which will make you feel worse.